Thursday, March 22, 2018

ExoSym - The Prototype

Yesterday I headed back to the Hanger Clinic, where a prototype of my ExoSym was waiting for me to try. Ryan wanted to be sure everything was good, and no alterations needed to be made before the finished product is complete.

I really wasn't sure what to expect as I tried it on. It was amazing! It felt good, and as I tried walking, Ryan explained I would need to re-learn how to walk with this device. I felt no stiffness or pain as I walked. In fact, there was a spring I've never felt. Once we took it off, I felt like I was plodding along.

The key to walking with this, will come with using my core. I walked several back and forths trying to utilize my core more, and I can tell I have a lot of work to do. Once I have it though, I need to really work on a strong core.

Monday I head back to get my ExoSym and begin the PT/learning process.

Charlie

No comments: