Tuesday, March 20, 2018

ExoSym - The Casting

Greetings from Gig Harbor, WA. Today and tomorrow I am at the Hanger Clinic, being fitted for my ExoSym Brace. Today was the casting of my foot and leg, from this can make the brace to fit my individual needs/brace.

What you see in the picture is a fiberglass cast which was molded around my foot and leg. Look chic! Tomorrow I will try on a prototype of what will be my brace. After that the ExoSym is made, and I return to the clinic next week to get it, and to go through PT on how to use it, and get started using it.

This is the only clinic which fits people for this brace, and most of the people who have had it are men and women in the military who have suffered horrible injuries, but amputation is not an option for them.

While I was waiting for the cast to dry, I watched a group of Israeli soldiers working on their PT and gaining their strength. People come from all over the world for this, and have had much success with the brace. I am excited at the prospect of this helping me.

Ryan Blanck who created this is fitting me for it, and could not be nicer. He has created something wonderful which has given mobility to so many people. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Charlie


No comments: