Friday, October 02, 2015

Moving Forward

I haven't written much about my running of late, because I haven't been running much. I'd love to tell you it's because I'm busy with work. The fact is I've been depressed. I haven't eaten well. I have quiet periods where I just want to be alone. Everything surrounding the passing of my dad has caught up with me. I knew this would come. I knew years ago this would come. Now it's here.

I've decided to do something though. Next week I will be begin to talk to someone about what I am going through. That is how I am going to take care of my mind. For my body, I need a gym. Money hasn't been there for such things, but I need to make the effort to do this. I have running goals I am working on for next year, and I can't without a gym membership.

I realized I needed some help when I received a nice sympathy note from someone a couple weeks ago. I just felt angry reading it. The person didn't offend me. It was actually a lovely card and note. As I wrote back when dad passed away, our relationship was not always the easiest, and now that is all coming out. I need to deal with it so I can move on. I owe it to myself, and the people I love.

As anyone who has been through counseling will tell you, it's hard work. I spent most of my 20s in counseling, so I know what's ahead. I feel though this is the right thing, and the healthy thing for me to do.

Thanks for your understanding.

Charlie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Charlie,

Take care of you! You will be in my prayers.

Best,
Maggie